Mittwoch, 28. November 2007

To Fret or not to Fret, that is the question - No. 8 has arrived!




Due to popular demand (I think it was my son) I've added (working - at least you could call them that) frets to Junkyard Guitar No. 8! No they're not silver nickel polished frets from Stuart MacDonalds (I'm saving that for next year) but just plain finishing nails, but it's just as much work as the real thing and works just fine. Now you have the best of both worlds - slide pure or notes by the numbers! As you can see from the pictures I stopped at the 20th fret. I could have gone for 24 but it would have just been for the optics - at best the slide is on the pinky and you're and not going get any fingers working up there anyway and with the slide it's millimeter work so play it by ear!
As always I've added my home-made and hand wound AlNiCo custom pickup (3,200 Ohms for those interested) and a Fender volume knob mounted on top for the violin-effect fanatics among you. What more could you want in a Cigar Box guitar? As always they're for sale so make an offer!
I hope you enjoy reading my Posts and I'd sure like to hear your comments so drop me a line!
Your,
american George
P.S. If you want to take a better look at all my Junkyard guitars, visit my Picasa Web Album @ http://picasaweb.google.de/ggborrelli/JunkyardGuitars

1 Kommentar:

Anonym hat gesagt…

Awesome guitars. Unique and creative. What kind of wood are you using on the fretboards? It looks like masonite to me, but I wanted to check for sure. If so, it is certainly unorthodox choice for sure, but I like it.

Doug Thorsvik
Medical Lake, WA
djthorsvik@yahoo.com